Reader Rabbit Personalised Math 4-6 builds children's early maths skills while enhancing appreciation for numbers. Children explore basic number concepts in a series of imaginative games.
As they play, children develop skills in counting, adding, and subtracting, as well as skills in recognising number relationships, patterns, colours, and shapes.
The program also encourages children to discover higher-level math concepts and to develop an awareness of mathematical relationships - all while having fun!
The activities allow for different learning styles, including visual, auditory, abstract, and concrete association. Because the concepts are presented in several levels of difficulty, children learn at their own pace.
Math Racer Game
* Matching groups of objects with Arabic numerals
* Recognising the number of sides of various shape
* Testing knowledge of addition and subtraction facts for numbers from 1 to 10
* Matching equivalent expressions
* Manipulating objects to gain "hands-on" experience in math
* Exploring multiple solutions to a given problem
* Combining sets of one - and two-digit numbers to arrive at a desired sum
* Finding and completing a pattern of numbers
* Finding and completing a pattern of shapes and colours
Calliope Counting Game
* Associating number symbols with their spoken names by hearing the numbers in song
* Exploring and counting numbers from 1 to 8
* Discovering and creating musical tunes
* Identifying numbers and recognising simple number relationships
* Learning simple number concepts with visual and auditory reinforcement
* Matching sets of objects to target numbers from 1 to 10
* Matching less than (<) an greater than (>) in target numbers from 0 to 99
* Adding and subtracting numbers from 0 to 15
* Understanding the concept of equivalence
Sea Lion Show
* Solving addition and subtraction problems to create number patterns
* Observing and recognising number patterns created by repeatedly adding or subtracting a given number from 1 to 99
Balloon Matching Game
* Building concentration and recall
* Associating and matching numbers with groups of objects
* Associating numbers from 1 to 18 with the written names
* Matching sums or differences to numbers or other sums and differences
* Adding and subtracting two-digit numbers from 1 to 99
Reader Rabbit Personalised Maths 4-6 features:
* Progress Report allows players, parents, and teachers to view players' progress through the different programs activities**
* Each activity has three play levels, progressing from the easiest to most difficult
* Hands-on experience in maths
* Numerous skills are developed with each activity
* and so much more!
A.D.A.P.T. Learning Technology is a dynamic system that continually adjusts the program to match each player's growing abilities. A.D.A.P.T. effectively builds skills, confidence, and a lifelong love of learning.
Reader Rabbit Personalised Maths 4-6 System requirements:
Windows 98/Me/XP/works on Vista & Windows 7, 8 & 10 including 64-bit*
* manual installation required for all 64-bit PCs (instructions provided)